Sunday, October 2, 2011

Lazy October weekend.


Saturday shopping!
This weekend was for shopping and chilly weather. Delaware got super cold, super fast. I woke up this morning shivering, wondering why I left all the windows open... It was still around 80 degrees last week, it really came out of no where. Before my daughter went to her dad's we celebrated her being in the "talented and gifted" program with a smoothie (hey, it was her choice). I'm sooooo proud of her!  I got a gift card from my husband to footaction because he knows how much I need sneakers, so I decided Saturday was the day for the mall! Of course I got side tracked and hit up H&M and Forever 21 to start....more on that later. I found out....my mall doesn't have a footaction. Seriously Allie? I capped my trip off grocery shopping at Target.

shirt: H&M
jacket: American Eagle like....10 years ago
pants: hand me down from my sister
shoes: Vans

what I was working with...
Target is connected to my mall, its awesome. I thought I parked in an area both close to the mall entrance and the Target entrance. You guys, I really thought I planned this out right. Well not so much...I found myself with a cart full of groceries trying to take a cart down the mall road because the parking lots were separated by cement and shrubbery. Then, to make it all worse the wheels locked up. I thought, did I run over something? I'm inspecting my cart on a busy road, pulling it backwards, etc. I gave up and pulled my cart full of groceries, my shopping bags, my purse, and my iced coffee out and piled them on my arms and walked the football field length my car. Insanity. I text my husband telling him my ridiculous tale and he says...don't you know Target's shopping carts have sensors and they lock up when they hit a boundary line so people don't steal them? WHY NO, I DID NOT KNOW THAT.


Ok here's your fashion show of awful! I took some pictures of things I tried on at H&M and Forever 21. And while I do think these things would look adorable on someone else, they just were not working for me... I did get one dress, it was on sale and I love it! $10 people. Its almost comical...so enjoy.




H&M
I thought, maybe with some tights...this could be a cute date night dress. It has stars all over it, they are hard to see.
Alas, my husbands response to this one was "whats up snooki?".
So...no. Too short, too tight-all wrong. Next!












This was adorable on the rack, Its navy blue with green hearts all over it. It buttons in the front, with a fabric tie at the neck. I really liked it...but it was too short. Hey Forever 21, add some length?


















You can tell by my face...this was wrong in so many ways. Too short, too tight...it was cut all wrong for me. On the hanger...in the clearance section I might add...it was cute! On me, not so much!


Green lace with a nude lining. I really liked this one. Again, it was way too short. Maybe its just me, but I'm not into dresses this short. I feel like I'd have to take a few inches off my height to wear a lot of dresses at Forever 21.










Hi, I'm 5 years old again. That's really all I have to say about this one.








Ok! So the fashion don'ts are over...here's what I actually did purchase and I love it! It fits very well, its not *too* short and I can't wait to wear some tights, throw on some boots, maybe a cardigan and take it for a spin. To blow your mind, its a size small. I didn't realize it until after I tried it on. Stores confuse me anymore...Either a large is hugging every curve or a small is fitting just right? Oh well, I guess I'll just stop looking at sizes and go with what looks right on my body.
 

Sunday was made for lounging around in my pjs, coffee, veggie burgers, waiting for my daughter to get home, chatting with a best friend...and The Office. :)

I hope you all had a lovely weekend! 


I will leave you with something awesome I found (and didn't buy). 

No comments:

Post a Comment