Holy crap its almost July. Honestly, this blog just makes me feel like life is speeding by because I only update every 6 months. How terrible. I don't even feel bad anymore for not updating! Really, my life is pretty normal, I like it and its not crazy exciting, so every 6 months is about right.
René and I are about to celebrate our 2 year wedding anniversary next month!
So an update on the paleo thing-not for us, I mean really not for us! It raised some health issues with my husband and he was pretty much told ummm no this might be the worst diet ever for you. (I paraphrased...doctors don't really talk like that, believe I know I work for them!) We just generally try to eat healthy at this point. I am not so overly concerned with the number on the scale for me, just the way I feel. The reality is the way I feel usually correlates with what I weigh because I usually weigh more when I eat crap and therefore feel terrible. Makes sense, right!? Add all this to my insatiable need for sugar and you've got a real daily battle on your hands. If there was an award for creative ways to make dessert without it being fattening or high in calories I would win, hands down. I am the master of making dessert that's not actually dessert.
I also don't want to be an overweight, out of shape person whenever we decided to add to our family. I've come up with "add to our family" as a not so in your face way of saying....I want baby. I say it like a caveman because its almost like a caveman instinct. One week you're all-omg kids are crazy. Then the next week you think, awww babies! Welcome to ladydom. I dislike when people say you cannot plan for babies or there is no "right time" for a baby. I disagree. You may not being able to plan when you get pregnant or what sex the baby will be, but you can plan for a time in your life when you're ready for these things. Hey, I'm not hypocrite-I was a teen mom, talk about NOT PLANNING, I learned a lesson. The older I get (boring) the more I think about finances and time and what my abilities are and are not and the current children I already have a commitment to. I believe at this point in my life I am being responsible and no matter what I feel about others, I can't control them, I can only control me. I could go on and on, I could get political...but I won't!
Work is work. That is all. I am not changing the world. I am making money to support my family.
I've been living here in Texas for almost a year and a half now. It still doesn't feel 100% like home, but it's getting there. I still refer to the east coast, Delaware and Maryland as my home and I miss it... a lot. Thank goodness for friends near and far to keep me sane, my husband included. I am even more grateful for my relationships back home because it is so nice to have someone know you without explanation. To really know you and who you are. I have very few friends here in Texas but the ones I do have were given to me for a reason and I'm grateful for that too.Relationships are hard work, marriage is the hardest. I can't understand why people do it more than once. Life is generally about being a good person and making mistakes are part of that. I make mistakes everyday, we all do. No one is perfect and I'm ok with that. I think I've gotten more outspoken and less worried about hurting peoples feelings or being politically correct or whatever. I am who I am.
As for the title....René and I are going on vacation in 5 weeks for our anniversary. Its sort of a surprise for him. I am prettttttttttty excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment