Yes, I'm officially or unofficially a Texan now. I have a Texas license and Texas plates and a Texas address so I fulfilled all the legalities other than being born here. Really I get the feeling not many people are actually born in Texas. My neighbors came from Idaho and New Jersey, friends from church hail from Wisconsin via Chicago and also Alabama. Really, who was actually born in Texas?
I do love my new house, its bigger and better and the floor plan is open and nice. The kids have their own rooms. René and I actually have a bathroom IN our bedroom. Welcome to grown up land where you don't have to share your bathroom with children. We have all new furniture, for the most part, which is pretty cool. Our bedroom MATCHES. More grown up stuff for you.
My in laws are great, and no they don't read this so I'm not just saying that...they really are fantastic and my mother in law is my friend! She tried to teach me how to make enchiladas last week. I think I need to make them about 75 more times to be good at it. Its a ton of work for one dish. Some day I hope to be the crazy white lady making amazing Mexican food for my family.
René and I went on a date this past weekend and it was great! I love our alone time so much, I cherish it.
We also took our daughter to the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens and the Museum of Modern Art in Fort Worth on Saturday. She loved the gardens and about 10 minutes of the museum. I mean, shes 8...modern art isn't her thing.
My daughter joined the children's choir at church and just came back from her second sign language class. She went as a tag along, but shes really good at it...so why not?
My mom came for a visit last week and it was so nice to have her. It was fun showing someone where I live and all my surroundings. We took her to Hico, Texas for some awesome pie and a drive through the countryside. She had my mother in laws awesome enchiladas and just spent some good time with us!
Our neighbors are super nice, I only wish I had more time to hang out with them! Their children are our children's age and I'm pretty sure Jasper is in love with their dog..so much so that hes burrowed a hole from our yard to there's...I think we need a doggie door between our fences.
OH and my adventures in cooking for the past month or so have been fun. I made Easter dinner, I cooked vegan/vegetarian for a week and now I'm doing freeze ahead crock pot meals. I just need to find what suits us/me best! The most raved about dessert was by far the homemade carrot cake I made with homemade cream cheese icing. It was seriously delicious, just saying.
Ok thats enough update for now...I'm sorry its been so long, but obviously I've had a lot going on :)
wow you have been busy! Congrats on the move!
ReplyDeleteEnchiladas are a TON of work. I avoid them, and let my mom tackle it if she wants to.
ReplyDeleteI think it's so cute that your daughter is taking a sign language class!